Have you renovated your home recently? Are you now excited about selecting the new worktop? Buying the right worktop is a big decision as it involves a significant investment. A good quality worktop, with proper maintenance, can last for a lifetime. Thus, it is important to choose the right material which will be worth your investment.
Quartz worktops have become quite famous these days. They have a great aesthetic appeal and can blend easily with all types of interiors. It is a high-quality luxury material that offers a surface finish like no others. Unlike the other worktops, quartz is basically an engineered slab that comes in different forms and is high in functionalities. But there are some demerits of these worktops too. Hence, before making the investment, you should weigh the pros and cons, so that what you get is the best value for the price you pay.
The Benefits Of Quartz-Worktops
There are several benefits of getting the quartz worktops, like:
- Good quality countertops are made with quartz crystals, along with several other pigments and materials, bound together with the help of resin. Thus, they have a consistency in their appearance. Unlike any other material, with quartz, you can be rest assured that you will get the same in your kitchen, what you have looked for in the shop.
- Quartz is a tough and durable material that can last for a very long time, maintaining its initial appearance. It is resistant to different types of wear and tears, like scratches, chips, etc. They are also water-resistant and hence do not get affected by stains. They can effectively resist heat and hence are perfect to be used in the kitchen.
- Quartz is non-porous and they do not require much maintenance. They are the perfect sanitary material which makes them the right choice to be used in bathrooms and kitchens.
- They are available in a wide range of variety, when it comes to the colour and design of the countertops. As they are manufactured in factories, you can easily customise them according to your interiors.
- If you are on a tight budget, then getting a worktop made of quartz might be a more expensive affair for you.
- Even though quartz is heat-resistant, the countertops also have resin and polymers which are susceptible to heat damage. Thus, exposing the worktop to hot cookware might deteriorate its appearance.
- Quartz is quite heavy and thus, you will need help from professionals to install it.
Thus, it can easily be concluded that the pros of using quartz countertops outweighs the cons. Hence, it would be a good idea to use it, given its durable, stain-resistant, and low maintenance nature. You can also go for customised quartz countertops that can be made to match the aesthetics of your interiors.